In this day and age, you can use your phone to assist you with just about anything. In honor of National Diabetes Month, Smile Senior Care would like to tell you about some of the apps for your phone to help you keep track and manage your diabetes. It is important for seniors to keep this condition in check. Let’s explore some different apps to see which would best suit your needs.
The Companion is a charming, sometimes outspoken diabetes manager. The app has a similar purpose as a diabetes logbook. It provides immediate feedback and helps you stay motivated. You win points for every entry made which help tame your diabetes monster. The goal is to tame your monster every day. Challenges are available to help you set and attain personal goals.
It’s all the diabetes management you’re used to, with a side-order of context to make it meaningful.
OnTrack is an application to help diabetics manage their diabetes by tracking various items such as blood glucose, food, medication, blood pressure (BP), pulse, exercise and weight.
- easy to use interface makes it a snap to add new entries
- Add multiple entries simultaneously, for example add glucose and medication at one time quickly and easily
- a variety of detailed graphs and reports
- a detailed log book with tables and graphs suitable for sharing with your doctor
- Supports both US (mg/dl) and international (mmo/l) glucose units.
- export your data in a variety of non-proprietary formats including CSV,HTML,XML
- annotate each entry with a category (breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc)
- customize categories, medications, exercise types and more by adding, removing or renaming as desired
- automatically have OnTrack select the right category for new entries based on time of day
- activate reminders on new entries, for example remind yourself to test two hours after eating food.
- Your data is your data, backup and restore as needed and even move it from one phone to another
NOTE: Before upgrading to a new version of OnTrack we always recommend backing up your data first using the backup option under the Tools button in the OnTrack dashboard.
Diabetes App-Apple iPhone
Blood sugar control is often the central theme when it comes to diabetes management. Diabetes Buddy is built to help you manage your diabetes by –
- Tracking the factors that influence your blood sugar level
- Monitoring the fluctuations
- Planning ahead accordingly
- Sharing your data with your doctor